Sunday, June 27, 2010

Likes & Dislikes

I think it's about time I made a pros and cons list of my new city...

Pros
$700 for a 2-bedroom apartment (with an office too)!
It gets warm here!
I can ride my bike to school with no hills or traffic in the way!
There are no hipsters here
People are really nice
Thrift stores are very good

Cons
Gas & Electric runs $100 a month and lemons cost nearly 50 cents a piece! (Don't get me started on avocados...)
It's gonna hella get cold here!!
Taking a walk in my neighborhood means going to CVS or Subway or Dunkin Donuts...
There are is no Trader Joe's here
I have no friends
I have no job here and therefor no spending money

2 comments:

  1. From the top of my head I'd add:

    Pros
    -House: not only cheap but beautiful and old, over a hundred years old.
    -The Cemetery, just by our house
    -The Public Market, affordable and going year-round. I can't wait to go there when it's freezing out there, say in January. What will they have?
    -Nice people out there. Seems we could make some friends if we actually ever got out (which we can't).
    -Some good record stores! A better situation than Toronto, which is pretty amazing. Considering the population here (no idea), it seems we have a nice deal. So ratio inhabitants/record stores= GOOD.
    -Lots and lots of music shows

    Cons:
    -All of those music shows cost money we don't have
    -We don't do anything but sit on our asses and read and study (which is ok until it's not)
    -Missing SF already.
    -We're going to have downstairs neighbours soon so music at 11 is gonna have to stop.
    -Gonna get lonely here in the winter. Hope somebody come see us! Someone like the Abominable Snowman or the Lumberjack Song Squad of the Canada Mounted Police or some Inuit friends. Which I guess are the only people that would dare to come here on the winter.
    -Too hot to study inside, too nice to study outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaaaah...yes, yes. I'll have to agree wholeheartedly with your list.

    ReplyDelete