Saturday, June 5, 2010

Garage Sales

We found out that there were going to be some neighborhood-wide garage sales today, and of course we were aaaaaall over it. We found a lot of cool things (many of which we probably would have purchased if we'd had a way of getting the stuff home but we still don't have a car!).
There are some really cute neighborhoods in this town and the vegetation explosion (see previous entry) makes them all the cuter, so it was really pleasant walking around this afternoon. Not to mention the weather was awesome! We haven't felt this kind of weather in... oh... about FIVE years... so we're definitely happy about it.

Here's one of the houses we saw while walking around...


And we got this poster for our house...


People were really going crazy over this dang thing as we were walked home with it. I think at least four people asked us what it was (people are really friendly here -or maybe it's just the spring weather?), then we'd turn it around and they'd say, "Oh, I love Sargent!! What street did you get that on? One dollar?!"

I think this blog was supposed to be about nursing school but lately it seems to be more of a look-at-the-cool trash-I-found blog... I've got so many exams this coming week, so much reading and preparation to do that I don't even want to talk about it!! Let me tell you that all of this hard work is really giving me a new found appreciation for nurses (thanks, Mom!). Do you realize what people have to go through to become nurses? Let me tell you, it's not easy!

2 comments:

  1. i heart you and am jealous of your weather. and neighborhood garage sales. smooches

    ReplyDelete
  2. This amazing album
    http://babeblogue.blogspot.com/2008/01/linton-kwesi-johnson-forces-of-victory.html

    for $1 !!!!!!!!!!!


    $1 !!!!!!!!!


    I even felt guilty about it.

    ReplyDelete