Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Flying Solo

This was my first week at work without my mentor/preceptor. I've finally finished orientation and I'm on my own...!
There are so many steps and phases in this profession. First there were the prerequisites, then actual nursing school and clinicals, next graduation, and after that passing the NCLEX and actually becoming an Registered Nurse. I thought it would sort of end there but then there was the months-long orientation with a preceptor, learning the ropes, and finally independence!

I was/am nervous about being on my own but luckily I've had a good first week so far. It can get REALLY busy and I haven't quite mastered the art of being in four places at the same time...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Good luck with the multi-tasking.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete