Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ever felt like...

... you might accidentally pull someones toes clean off their foot? Huh, no? Oh, must be this weird profession I've gotten myself into.
The other day I was cleaning this patient's foot which looked something like this picture but a lot blacker (accurate odor description though) and I really really thought that as I was removing the bandage I was going to pull the toes right off. It was like something from a horror movie. In my mind I think when I see weird/gross stuff like this I just figure that it can't be real (must be some special effects or something!). Funnier or weirder may be how we (nurses) will talk about disgusting wounds like the one I saw while we're eating lunch. HA! It's crazy what a human being can get used to.

2 comments:

  1. maybe you ARE on a movie set and you are the only one who doesn't know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Funnier or weirder may be how we (nurses) will talk about disgusting wounds like the one I saw while we're eating lunch"

    Funnier still may be how you nurses will talk about disgusting wounds like these while you're eating lunch with SOMEBODY ELSE!

    Salud,
    David

    ReplyDelete