Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Orange is the New Beer

Just seven days into this intense little nursing program I've gotten myself into and I'm discovering that this school thing is really getting in the way of some of the activities I once enjoyed back in my carefree days of one week ago. One of those activities for which I no longer have time to participate in is drinking beer.


Ah, yes. I like this image because not only is it one beer but it's two beers ...and they're by the pool! Swimming is another activity I could get down with considering the beautiful warm weather we've been having here, but rather than sunbathe I spend most days in a large, dark lecture hall with no windows, or shut in my apartment with my nose to the books.

But with this decrease in beer consumption, I've simultaneously noticed a move into strange and unchartered pleasure seeking territories: oranges!

Over the past few days I've been averaging an intake of 2 - 3 oranges per day. This might seem normal for any other person, but I'm not a fruit eater. In fact, David is constantly chastising me for my lack of fruit consumption so this is highly unusual behavior for me!

I guess I've found a substitute -for now- for an old past time that I can no longer participate in. I just checked the fridge though and I only have 4 oranges left which is going to get me through about two more days under strict rationing. And since I don't have a car there is no way I'll be able to restock my produce in the near future. Maybe when Saturday rolls around I'll go back to beer!


1 comment: