Friday, May 21, 2010

1 week down... 51 more to go

I just finished my first week of nursing school! (*applause, cheers*) ...I already feel behind ...I mean, I am behind, I don't just feel like it :)

It seems like I'm part of a group of pretty good people. Tons of folks from California plus a variety of ages, backgrounds and experience. One thing I've noticed is how committed everyone seems. It's not like my pre-requisite classes back at City College where there were always a few slackers here and there. Everyone wants to be here and seems dedicated to doing well.

In our first lab class yesterday, we got a chance to practice taking vital signs on each other and I felt grateful for my experience volunteering at at a health clinic in SF for the past two years because at least taking a patients pulse, blood pressure and temperature thing was something I was familiar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment