Sunday, December 11, 2011

I Love Nursey

Sometimes I feel like the Lucile Ball of nurses... a well meaning, clumsy and comical nurse who accidentally trips on an IV line and rips it out, who steps on a patient's broken foot, or pats someones back which happens to be covered in 3rd degree burns (all done lovingly, of course).
I can picture myself in one of those comedy sketches from the 50's where they're tripping all over some poor injured patient and he's screaming in pain every time they accidentally let his tractioned broken arm come crashing down on his chest full of broken ribs, or let him fall to the ground as they try to help him into a wheelchair. And all the while the patient is getting madder and madder, screaming, "WHY YOU LITTLE...!!"

2 comments:

  1. Well, you do look like Larry.
    I mean, Lucy.
    I mean, Moe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time to worry is when they start sending the patients in on a conveyor belt...

    The other D

    ReplyDelete