Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm Still Here!

I've been in orientation now for three weeks now, with a couple more days to go until I actually hit the floor. I want to keep writing about my experiences at the hospital in my new role but so far... uh... I haven't had any! Orientation has been long and we are all dying to get with some patients, but it's good that the hospital is so thorough. It's been a lot of review, a lot on policies, etc. They want you to go into the job knowing how to do things the right way, which makes me very happy.


There's been a lot of scaring the crap out of us too... a lot of stories about medication administration errors, code blues, mean doctors, mean nurses... When I started on this journey I thought that when I finally came out of nursing school I'd know how to handle ANY situation. I soon began to realize that that just isn't so. It takes a lot of time and a lot of experience that school just can't begin to prepare you for.

No comments:

Post a Comment