Wednesday, April 6, 2011

This is the End


I'm in the final stretch of nursing school. Just a month and a half to go before my classmates and I emerge from under the protective wings of our instructors to hopefully not fall out of the nest onto our faces as new fledgling nurses!

Yesterday I started my preceptorship on the surgical trauma unit where I'll be working for the next 80 hours. I was expecting to see mostly traumatic injuries (as the name would suggest) but the patients I worked with last night had a whole range of histories from cancer to car crashes.

I'm happy to report that my preceptor is VERY nice and in fact all the nurses I met on the floor were friendly (no meanies)!!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I remembered you talking (so long ago) about applying for another school for a second year. Or is that just for working out your fledgling year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd need two more years of schooling to become a NP after this which I hope to eventually do! :)

    ReplyDelete