Sunday, January 23, 2011

MS

My patient this week had multiple sclerosis. What a horrible disease! This was probably theeee nicest patient I've had so far which my experience all the sadder (not that I hope mean patients die or anything).

This week also brought my first experience with the condom catheter. I'm more used to dealing with cleaning the bums and genis of patients who are more or less out of it, but this one was totally lucid so it made it kind of embarrassing. Better get over it!!

 ...and my favorite quote of the week (from a fellow classmate in my clinical rotation), "I feel like a human bidet!"

3 comments:

  1. I can imagine -- even using a bedpan is embarrassing enough (for the bedpanee).

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooooooaaaaahhhhhhh. GENIS? wowowowow. what is that????

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i thought i was being funny by making up my own abbreviation for "genitalia"... :)

    ReplyDelete